How to Declutter Your Sydney Home This Winter
Every year, Sydney homeowners face the same challenge: how do they declutter their homes and make sure they are kept neat and tidy? This is especially true during the winter months when it can be difficult to find time to keep your home organized.
Fortunately, there are several tips that you can use to help you declutter your Sydney home this winter. Here are some of the best tips for decluttering your Sydney home this winter:
1. Create a plan and set goals – Before you start to declutter, it is important to create a plan and set goals. Take a walk through the house and decide what needs to be done first and how much time you are willing to devote to each task.
2. Divide and conquer – Once you have your plan and goals in place, it is time to start decluttering. Divide the house into different areas such as bedrooms, living rooms, kitchens, and so on. Start by tackling one area at a time and focus all of your energy on completing that task.
3. Donate, recycle or throw away – As you declutter each area, decide what items to keep and which ones to donate, recycle, or throw away. If an item is damaged beyond repair or hasn’t been used in a while, it might be time to let go of it.
4. Set up systems – To keep your home decluttered and organised, it is important to set up systems for each area. This could include sorting items into different categories and setting up labels or labelling boxes. Without a system, you’re likely to feel overwhelmed and the whole process becomes a chore.
5. Store away the necessary – Next, make sure you store away those items that you need but don’t use often such as winter coats and blankets. This could ensure that those items are not taking up unnecessary space and cluttering your home.
6. Make it a habit – Wherever possible, make sure to establish a routine. This could involve dedicating a certain amount of time each day or week to decluttering and organising. Keeping on top of the organisation and regular maintenance is key to maintaining a decluttered, tidy home throughout the winter months.
7. Just start – Finally, the most important step – just start. It can be overwhelming at first, but once you get into it, you may find yourself enjoying the process. Set yourself some achievable goals, and follow through with them. Decluttering may seem daunting, but once you get the ball rolling, it can be quite a rewarding experience. Remember, self storage options exist for items that you won’t need over winter but may need later.
What do you do with unused items? Well, you need to decide whether they are unused because you don’t need them now or because you don’t need them forever. If the latter, donate them if you can. If not, consider investing in a self storage facility for those items that you won’t need over winter.
When it comes to furniture and appliances, you should evaluate whether you’re better off selling them online or donating them to charity. If it’s outdoor furniture that you won’t need all winter, consider storing them securely in a storage facility.
Good luck with your decluttering this year!