For people without a college degree, finding high-paying jobs can be difficult. However, there are many lucrative opportunities that don’t require a four-year degree. Here’s a look at some jobs that pay $30 an hour or more without a degree.
High-Paying Jobs Without a Degree
Many people assume that a college degree is necessary for a high-paying job, but this isn’t always the case. Jobs that pay $30 an hour or more are available in a variety of industries, and many of them don’t require a college degree. Here are some of the highest-paying jobs that don’t require a degree:
• Web Developer: Web developers create websites and applications for businesses. They are responsible for coding and designing websites, and they can earn an average of $38 an hour.
• Medical Transcriptionist: Medical transcriptionists listen to recordings of medical reports and transcribe them into written documents. They can earn an average of $35 an hour.
• Paralegal: Paralegals provide legal assistance to attorneys. They analyze case law, draft documents, and conduct research. They can earn an average of $31 an hour.
• Bookkeeper: Bookkeepers record financial transactions, prepare financial statements, and reconcile accounts. They can earn an average of $31 an hour.
• Real Estate Agent: Real estate agents help clients buy and sell properties. They show properties, negotiate deals, and provide advice to clients. They can earn an average of $30 an hour.
$30 An Hour and Up
In addition to the jobs listed above, there are other opportunities that pay $30 an hour or more without a degree. These jobs include:
• Plumber: Plumbers install, repair, and maintain plumbing systems. They can earn an average of $34 an hour.
• Electrician: Electricians install and maintain electrical systems for homes and businesses. They can earn an average of $32 an hour.
• Heavy Equipment Operator: Heavy equipment operators operate machinery such as bulldozers and cranes. They can earn an average of $31 an hour.
• Court Reporter: Court reporters transcribe legal proceedings. They can earn an average of $30 an hour.
• Auto Mechanic: Auto mechanics repair and maintain vehicles. They can earn an average of $30 an hour.
Having a college degree is often seen as a necessity for a high paying job. However, it is possible to make a good living without having a college degree. There are a variety of jobs that offer a salary of $30 per hour or more without any higher education required.
One of the more popular jobs that offers a high wage without needing a college degree is web development. With ever-advancing technology and more websites being created every day, there is a large market for web developers. Most people in this field are self-taught and while having a computer science degree is a plus, it’s not a requirement. Depending on experience, web developers can make anywhere between $30 and $50 per hour.
Another job that pays well without a college degree is grant writing. Charitable organizations rely on grant writers for help in finding funding for their projects. Most grant writers take courses in grant writing, but there’s no need for a college degree if you have the technical and networking skills. With experience, grant writers can make $30 to $80 an hour or more depending on their specialty, location and the client’s budget.
Freelance writing is also a popular job that does not need a college degree. You can write for blog posts, articles and copywriting. Most writers start out by writing for low paying websites, but with experience this can quickly lead to high paying projects. Experienced writers can make $30 to $50 per hour or more.
Finally, many people have found success as a virtual assistant. This involves providing administrative and other support services to businesses and individuals. These services may include customer service, social media management and basic bookkeeping. Virtual assistants can make anywhere from $15 to $50 per hour depending on the tasks they’re performing.
While having a college degree provides numerous benefits, there are still plenty of jobs that pay a good wage without one. With the right marketable skills, you can land a high paying job without having to spend time and money to obtain a degree.