When discussing sports, it involves running, jumping and moving around a surface area. Your legs are always in motion and require a steady landing base to help you perform your best. A perfect pair of athletic or sports shoes will offer the right movement and posture, preventing injuries.
What Are The Benefits Of Wearing The Right Shoe?
Remember that your feet will carry the entire body’s weight when indulging in sports. Now a comfy pair of sports shoes with the right fit will pave an easy solution. Wondering how?
- Fitted shoes offer a firm hold to the feet, helping them with a steady landing experience when running or jumping.
- Sports shoe with the right cushioning technology supports the ankle and the rest of the feet. It will save you from unnecessary injuries while running or indulging in other sports activities.
- There are various sports shoes – investing in the right type will help you give in the best and get adequate results. You will excel in your game.
- Also, a condition known as Metatarsalgia (pain in the ball of the foot) worsens when you wear poorly fitting shoes. The right fit and cushioning technique will save you from all of these.
Various Types Of Sports Shoes
You cannot depend on one shoe type to save you from different circumstances. All you need to do is find the right shoe type and proceed. Here is a list comprising some.
- Running Shoes: These come with an extra cushioning system to help your feet get a perfect landing at full speed. When choosing one, look for flexibility, good traction, lightness and stability.
- Tennis Shoes: Sports shoes for tennis help with quick side-to-side and forward movements. You can wear softer soles on the soft court and a sole with greater tread on the hard courts based on your court type.
- Basketball: Basketball shoes have a stiff and thick sole, in general, to offer more stability when you are running over the court.
- Aerobic Shoes: These are light in weight and come with extra shock absorption technology under the ball of the foot where most of the stress occurs.
- Cleats: These will help you excel in sports like soccer, lacrosse and football. You will see studs or spikes in the sole area, made of steel or hard plastics, offering the right traction.
- Hiking Shoes: They offer the right type of stability across uneven surfaces. Also, wearing the right hiking shoe type will absorb multiple shocks while keeping your foot planted.
Things You Must Consider While Buying Sports Shoes
Now you know the importance of investing in the right shoes and the different types of shoes. Here is a list helping you discover everything you need to consider before buying a particular pair for daily sports.
Prioritise Your Personal Choices And Issues
Every foot is special, requiring differential shoe types. Try to settle for the right match based on the sports you will be participating in and your pre-existing foot issues. Ensure you follow an individual trend or buy a particular shoe pair only if your favourite celebrity has the same.
Consider over and under pronation, as in moving your feet forward and backwards. Select shoes offering stability and a firm midsole if you are an overpronator. Go for steady shock absorption and extra cushioning when under pronation. Supportive midsoles are the best when you have flat feet.
Select The Right Size
When you get a small pair, compared to your foot size, the result will be sheer discomfort and black and blue blisters. With time, the foot tends to swell, so it is always best to try on shoes at the end of the day.
Also, wear the same sock you usually wear when participating in the sports activity for which you are considering buying the shoe. Be mindful not to invest in a shoe that is too big for your size. It might make you slip inside the shoe and fall.
Be Mindful Of The Budget & Purpose
Decide on the budget based on your professionalism level in a particular sport. There are multiple brands selling sports shoes with similar or unique features. Now you need to find out which suits you the best, budget-wise.
Consider contacting the trainer or a senior to help you land the perfect shoe type, size and comfort available under budget. Also, it is essential to focus on the purpose and select an ideal pair.
Focus On The Specifics
When in the showroom trying on shoes, tie up the laces firmly as you will do on the field. It will help you gain the right idea about your expected fit. Try both right and left shoes, ensuring a half-inch space between the tip of the shoe and your longest toe.
Walk around the store or other indoor surfaces to understand the comfort level and cushioning you will get for the particular shoe type. Ensure the heel counter is steady and offers your foot the right grip.
Invest in the right sports shoes for performance. Always prioritise your preferences, and do not hesitate to look for multiple options before you find the perfect fit. After all, your feet will carry the entire body’s weight, so serving them with the right comfort is essential.